Sunday, July 16, 2017

milton glaser

so, i came across this interview/blurb about milton glaser in a
recent issue of elle decor .. here's a link to the big online version
of the pages you see below .. though you can read the ones below 
if you enlarge them, the web thing is much better

the first page, above, is kind of an introduction if you are not 
familiar with his history or his work ..
the points highlighted with the orange lines in the pages above hit home for 
me as artistic statements .. my next stop was a visit to his excellent website ..
 excerpts are below  ..
don't miss the slideshow on the home page .. 


 and above are some highlights of his work ..

this is another in my series of articles on working vs. not working as you age ..so, born in 1929, 88, still working ... he is an inspiring guy ..
re: chuck close and paul simon and my artist friend, horst

 i am talking to myself, as i recently hit the big seven zero ... 
time marches on ...







No comments: